the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring or Sprung?

Well spring is officially here and since I am officially done school my official spring fever is here. Yes thing includes all the typical symptoms: Wanting to buy a new car, the weird urge to do yard work, and the uncontrollable desire to start cleaning my golf clubs. Having said this, it is with an incredible WHACK that I come smashing back down to reality. Of course that whack was me hitting a gargantuan pot hole. Oh ya, pot hole season. You see if you are like me and have spent any time in BC's lower mainland you have a hard time understanding pot hole season until you actually live through one, if you live through one. This year they are so bad that if you are not careful you and your car could be seriously injured if you run over one. These few pictures are of a "pot hole" just down the road from our house. As soon as the frost came out of the ground this part of the road just sunk out of sight. they tried loads of gravel in it but to no avail. Finally they just closed the road completely.

Another part of spring, which is partly a genetic defect I think, is the "itch for new". New car, new house, new job, whatever. I don't know where this comes from but it drives me crazy. I suddenly get incredibly bored and just want to do something. But its like I have been cooped up in the house all winter with school books and I don't even remember what to do with myself. There is still too much snow on the ground to golf and there is too much mud to really do anything else. And then there is the no money part. Which seems to put a damper on the buying a new car thing. But what's a guy going to do?

I wonder what it is about this time of year that drives me so crazy? Is it that summer is so close or that the warm fresh air does something to my brain? Whatever it is, spring is a dangerous time of year. Irrational decisions are bound to be made in the name of change and the "itch for new". But then again, maybe this year I can control it or maybe my bank account will. Maybe I can find something to keep me busy enough that the "itch for new" doesn't get me. Whatever happens, I'm just glad spring is here.

Tim Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Tim, I have an idea to satisfy your craving for something new... and it's cheap, too. You could give yourself a whole new look by shaving your goatee, and trimming your hair really short. I think Annalisa and Nadia would think it was fun, too :)

Tuesday, 04 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home