the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Uncertainty

For the past week I have been gripped with anxiety and uncertainty. And the stress has made me sick. As I'm finding my feet again planted on God's strength I found this encouragement. I was listening to a Podcast sermon by Irwin McManus (the link is in our links section called Mosaic) and I was compelled by what he said. So I took the time to write it out. Perhaps it's only powerful to me because I heard the whole sermon. But I thought I'd share it and see if anyone has a comment. Annalisa


"I don’t know how life is going to play out.

Life is surprise, mystery, uncertainty.

We need to recognize that there are moments in life that you have to decide, is my life going to be about me or will I give my life to something greater than me?

Am I going to live my life trapped in fear, paralyzed by uncertainty or am I going to walk in confidence because of the certainty I have and then laugh in the face of uncertainty?

Because in the end we don’t need to know, we just need to go.

What would I do if I wasn’t afraid of anything?"


"I have confidence because I’m living for what is true, right, good and beautiful."


-Irwin McManus
Chasing Daylight Series: 03 Uncertainty - Know You Don't Know


1 Comments:

Blogger VanEeBoyz said...

Thank you for your thoughts. Praise God that you found this encouragement. God always knows what we need when we need it. What a great reminder to keep looking to Jesus for that confidence, knowing our future is in His hands. We never know what tomorrow brings, but we know that God is in control! When we were in transition before coming to SK, it was a little scary not knowing what was to come. But we knew God was leading us here and He would work all things out for His glory. I think in the light of my brother passing away, life...the move, new jobs, having our baby, buying a new house, was all small in comparison. Heaven was brought closer and the reality of death made a real impact. Like Irwin Mcmanus said, live for what is true, right, good and beautiful ~ Jesus! Eternity is closer than we think, and really we were created for God's glory. We never know how long we have to serve God here on earth.
May God continue to encourage your heart!
Nicole

Friday, 21 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home