the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Friday, March 09, 2007

sweet rain, warm sunshine & no bugs

I feel so alive today! The snow is melting, the water is running and the temperature is above 0. I knew spring would come, but I didn't actually believe it. Although it is hard to endure the long snowy winters of the prairies, I really do enjoy having distinct seasons. It's something to get excited about. We can turn our attention from winter projects to summer projects. Well, our weekend project is to get the piles of snow away from the foundation so that we don't have a flood. But we can do it without risk of frostbite! I think that is pretty cool!

It's so beautiful today, I think Nadia and I will go for a walk - and it will be fun even though we will probably get splashed with muddy water from passing vehicles. But today I don't care!
Nadia thinks it's hilarious to play on the mattress when there are no sheets. Thanks for making me smile Nadia!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

What a cutie! Like when she says to Auntie Lisa, "Leave! Leeeeave!!" I thought it was funny. But I won't laugh, I know better.

I'm glad you had sun for a day, but I guess it doesn't always last. We had a nice big snowstorm with huge snow piles everywhere, but in the afternoon it was 6 degrees and it mostly melted. It's going to be about 16 when Tim comes. Won't that be nice?

Wednesday, 14 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home