the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Rants

Well I have started to receive complaints that we have not updated our blog and a picture of our dresser is still the last post. Well I'll change that with my annual Rant blog. This being the first addition of Rants I don't think I really need to follow any sort of guideline so here goes.

What is up with people not having internet or a computer these days? I'll start of with this one because it is relatively safe. If you don't have a computer you are probably not reading this blog. But seriously, I know people with big screen TV's, computer controlled cars and cell phones but they have yet to buy a computer or have any idea on how to use one. Is this just a Saskatchewan thing or are there others in this world? I understand if you are old and don't have one because it is hard to teach old dog's new tricks but I'm talking people in their 20's and 30's. Come on people, get with the times.

And what is with people walking through the malls talking on their hands free, blue tooth headset on the cell phone? OK, OK, I know we just bought one for my Dad for Christmas and they are really good for the car and such. But seriously, do you know how creepy it is standing beside someone who is just randomly talking in the grocery store. I mean, you think to yourself, are they talking to me? Should I answer? Then you do and they look at YOU weird. Hey your the weird one, it's not my fault I'm friendly.

How long will this cold last? I know, I'm starting to sound like a farmer but seriously. It's been almost -30 for weeks now and I'm really getting sick of it. Today my car didn't start for the second time in a week and a half. One can only handle so many square tires. I told my co-workers the other day that if winter isn't over soon, I Quit! They asked, quit what, and I said I quit winter! We're still working out the logistics of that but Winter better look out.

Finally, What is up with Tim Horton's doughnuts lately? Have you tried them? I mean they used to be better didn't they? This whole bake them and then freeze them and then thaw them out in the microwave thing is just not working. I don't know if that is really what they do but the doughnut's are horrible. I haven't had fresh one's from there in month's. And the last time I was there I ordered a combo, which comes with a coffee and a doughnut. The girl rang it in and then didn't give me my doughnut and coffee so I asked where they were. "Oh," she said "you didn't say that you wanted them". I was so confused at how the combo that I asked for didn't get them that I ended up paying another $2 for them. And it was still gross.

OK, back to being peaceable and lovable, I got out my rants for now so I'll save them up for next year. Until then, Have fun growing with Nadia.

Tim

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Very amusing. I think you should make the rant a monthly, rather than annual, event.
Karen

Tuesday, 13 February, 2007  
Blogger Michael and Sharlene McDonald said...

Weekly would be best, but I concur that a monthly rant ought to be a regular occurance.
As for Tim Horton's donuts... Surprisingly enough I haven't seen many Timmy-Ho's in Mexico, but I can still remember the taste of the last walnut crunch I got there... it was truly crunchy, likley from being on the shelf for 6-10 days because noone buys the fresh-frozen culinary disasters anymore... I used to love the donut...

Wednesday, 14 February, 2007  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

Tim, definitely your best rant yet. I was just talking to my boss about the bluetooth problem these days. People are starting to look like the borg on Startrek.
And I agree that Gord should get a computer, along with the rest of young, North American society. At least I think that's what you said.
As for the -30...it's going to be 12 degrees ABOVE here tomorrow. Care to join me? We have Peter's Drive-in, not stale donuts.

Saturday, 17 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home