the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Owl

Tim here, Yesterday the coolest thing happened. Well maybe not the coolest thing since that's relatively relative, but cool just the same. I was driving into the driveway with a friend and I saw a bird fly up into our eve and then back down to the ground. I couldn't figure out what it was until we got a little closer and I saw it fly up and land in the eve. It was an owl! I got out and my friend and I walked up to take a closer look. I thought it would fly away but it just sat there looking at us. We were only about 10 feet away. I ran inside and told Anna, she got me the camera but I thought it would have flown away by the time I got back. Nope, it flew down into the middle of our deck and just sat there. I started snapping pic's and walked closer. Again I got about 10 feet away and then it flew up into a tree. I got a few more pic's and we went inside. How many times do you get to see that? God definitely makes some cool creatures. Watching that little owl look at me and then turn it's head all the way around was pretty neat. Thanks God for this experience.

Tim

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have the coolest camera! Mine wouldn't get pictures that nice. But I would probably end up deleting them anyway by accident so it's good that you have the nice camera. That's a beautiful owl. Did he leave you a message?

Thursday, 20 March, 2008  
Blogger Juanita said...

Was it a baby owl? It looks very small but that is also relative.
Very cool.

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you asked Juanta. I just looked it up and no it was not a baby owl, it was a full grown Boreal Owl. they stand on average of 10 inches and feed on mice and insects.

Tim S.

Saturday, 29 March, 2008  
Blogger Juanita said...

How interesting, Tim. Your like a regular Wikipedia.

Saturday, 29 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home