the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

peeping ....... Tom?

I am most excited to report that the snow is dribbling away at a rather quick pace. It makes me excited for summer and it also makes me think about a Dr. Seuss interpretation of the rain, "dibble dibble dopp, dibble dibble, dopp dopp dopp!"

So I had extra energy to clean my kitchen today and what did I see out my kitchen widow. This peeping...Tom! At least that's what I'm calling him. Apparently, our house came with a little gnome in the plant barrel. How sad. The previous owners must miss him! Or maybe not, and that's why he is always staring at me.

I am very perplexed by this figure. In some ways I just love him. He's little and has such a personality. But, I also hate him. He is rather peculiar. The same express on his little quirky face all day long, every time I look out the window. And the peeking out from behind the snow is a little unnerving. What's he hiding back there?

Maybe the CLR and hand cleaning the stains off the cutlery is really getting to me. Maybe I should go lay down.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The smirk on his face says it all.
Danielle

Tuesday, 11 March, 2008  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

I completely agree. At first I looked at him and thought, "What a cute little gnome creature" but the longer the picture stares back at you, the creepier it gets. I can't imagine how it must feel to have him looking in on you all day. Unnerving indeed!

And I'm typing in a British Accent in case you can't hear it.

Tuesday, 11 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow reminds me of ministry... how cute people look from a distance but the longer you stare at them the scarier it gets!

OH, did I just SAY that?
That was my inside voice, I'm sorry.
ss

Wednesday, 12 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, mom, very nice! Of course people look scary if you stare at them too long. People don't like being stared at.

Wednesday, 12 March, 2008  
Blogger Christy said...

Sorry, I only get the creepy vibe.

If it were my lawn, he'd be in the Loraas bin or peeping on some unsuspecting neighbor's lawn before you can say "roaming gnome"..

Tuesday, 18 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home