the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Monday, February 25, 2008

little girl crazyness

Daddy & Steve must have blown up 50 balloons for Nadia's little girl birthday party. They were a huge hit! We had kind of a mosh pit of balloons between the sofas and all the girls had a screaming fun time.
As the girls arrived, 6 including Nadia, we played with the balloons and listened to crazy music. Then we played some hide and seek. Some of the girls had a rather short attention span. The finder would get side tracked and leave a few girls hiding while they ran a muck! So we tried a craft to settle everyone down. We made a purple and pink ladybug. Nadia wasn't into having her picture taken.
Ah the silence of little girls stickering. It is quite something to watch....just how fast little girls can stick!
I now know why people buy birthday cakes! This was my first ever fancy cake and it was hard. I thought we could just whip it up and quickly do the icing....boy, was I wrong. It took forever to get the icing made and done. Not to mention I was sidetracked by a 3 year old.
Daddy joined in on the tiara wearing fun. And Madison thought that was just hilarious. I thought she was going to explode, she was laughing so hard.


Colin went for a nap shortly after the party started and slept for most of it. By the time he woke up, the girls were having sugar rush and running around with balloons. It was loud and he was freaking out. Poor little dude was so scared. But Daddy calmed him down.

At the end of the party, Nadia handed out little gift bags to her guests and she got to have one. She helped me put them together in the morning, so she knew exactly what was in there. After everyone was gone she dumped out her gift bag and very emphatically said, "What! That's it!" Both Tim and I burst out laughing! It was just so off-the-cuff.

At the end of the day, after Nadia was in bed, I sat down to download the photos and I put Colin on the floor to play. I thought for sure it would only last a moment and then he would be upset. But, he sat there and played with that yellow bus for about half an hour. Way to go little man!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

What a fun party! I'm so glad I missed it. That is too many children in one room. I'm happy for Nadia that she had fun. Not every little girl has such a special family.

Wednesday, 27 February, 2008  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, major update! Looks like Nadia's parties were fun! She's definitely growing up :)

Thursday, 28 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your bravory on having 6 little girls over - with that many balloons. I would just DIE!! The thought of small hands, with their sharp little nails, pinching blown up balloons...its enough to make you shiver. But it does look like everyone had a great time.

Friday, 29 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home