the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

before & after

At long last I am posting some finished photos of our house renos. So here are the before and afters of our living room. In case you're wondering, we did completely remove the fireplace...it was just too far gone.
These stairs still need some finishing. Just in case you thought we were going for the industrial look.
It's funny, I can hardly remember the house the way it used to be. This is now my favourite room. I have to say that Tim is my hero. He did a fabulous job at things he didn't even know how to do before this reno. He is a master crafts man, did you see those stairs!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

The purple wall is gone! Love the photos - great job Tim! And Annalisa with the painting :)

Wednesday, 15 October, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, nice photos but I must comment. We were there on the weekend and the full extent of the change cannot be seen on these pictures! The floor is amazingly different from the old floor and the walls are so much nicer. It even feels warmer. Tim, I am so impressed by your craftmenship and abilities to tackle whatever you have to do. Amazing job! Good work you two! I know you are the painter Anna. It really looks great! I can hardly wait to see the rest finished.
mom

Wednesday, 15 October, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are amazing! Love your new living room. The paint colour is really nice!

Anita

Friday, 17 October, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home