the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

the jackpot

Since it has been cold and rainy here for the past week, we decided that we better take this sunny opportunity to get out and do something other than packing. So we did something very creative ... we went for a walk. And at the end of our walk, in our very own yard - okay, patch of grass - we found a jackpot of ladybugs! Ohhh, does Nadia ever love ladybugs. I put one on her arm one day and it crawled all over her. She thought that was the coolest thing. And really, I think she's right. I mean it would be pretty cool to have a little creature crawl up your arm ... tickles! Especially, when you didn't even know bugs could do that. So here are a few of our photos from our ladybug tree. Ladybugs have taught Nadia to be very, very gentle. She's learning to just let them crawl onto her and not to squish them. Although I can't say there haven't been casualties in the past.


 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Juanita said...

I LOVE LADYBUGS! I am glad that Nadia likes bugs too. It must be fun to teach her about the world around her. Enjoy the ladybugs Nadia, they won't be around again for a long time...brrr.

Tuesday, 19 September, 2006  
Blogger VanEeBoyz said...

Those are some cute shots!! Nicolaas found a stash of ladybugs last year and proceeded to play with them.. until there were no more. Now this year I heard that they eat the aphids off your roses. I should have saved them in a jar or soemthing. At least my roses would have survived. I loved the video of Nadia dancing. She is so cute! Nicolaas had to watch it a few times.
Have fun packing...
Nicole

Thursday, 21 September, 2006  
Blogger Karen said...

So cute - glad to hear you got Nadia diverted from unpacking boxes. Hope the move is going well (I know you're moving tonight, because that's where my better half is)

Friday, 29 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home