the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Date with my daughter? Thumbs up!

Tim Here again. This last Monday I had to go to the city for the morning to run some errands and I thought it would be nice if I took Nadia with me. We had a blast together going from store to store and then out for lunch. I love the Father daughter time we get. I don't even have to hold up the conversation anymore, she does it all. We went to Sportscentre to fix my skates (check the next blog) and Nadia sees pink. She yells out, "Oh Daddy, it's sooo cuuute! It's the cutest thing I never seen!" Strangely enough the bad grammar sentence actually makes sense. It was really cute and she had never seen one before. It was a pink and purple Rawlings baseball glove, just her size. With a soft Tee Ball baseball. I will have to get a picture of that one sorry. Anyway, how could I say no? We have already had fun playing catch. (which we really should video because one day she's going to put one off my noggin, or worse, Two's not a bad number). Anyway, it had snowed the night before and the highway was wet but it was still below zero. When I got home this is what the car looked like.

All that mess is all ice that froze in place. I thought it was pretty cool.

The other part of this post is about my poor wife. On Saturday she was getting out of the car and accidentally slammed her thumb in the car door. It instantly turned blue on the nail and on the other side. It was very VERY painful (so I'm told, and it's not a good idea to laugh or make thumb's up jokes in her presence, trust me). She couldn't sleep all night and had it on ice for about 48 hours after. The next morning we went to church and a couple of friends who are nurses helped her poke through the nail at church. They ended up using a paper clip and a BBQ lighter. It took 45 minutes because she has such thick nails. Poor girl. She is feeling much better now that the swelling has gone down (but she still hits at thumbs up jokes).

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

OWWWW! Sorry to hear about your thumb - that whole poking through thing sounds awful. I think I'd faint. Anyway, hope it heals quickly.

Thursday, 20 March, 2008  
Blogger Juanita said...

OUCH! YIKES! How did you manage that? I'm still cringing for you. No jokes here.
Did your awful husband just laugh? I hope it feels better. That would ruin everything!

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home