the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Hockey skate goat

So about hockey. Some of you know that I (Tim) have been playing hockey this year. Well it's really nothing to write about but Anna finally came out to watch (about 10 minutes) with the kids. This is my first year of hockey and I am still improving, but I really like it. The last couple of times I played, I was in goal and that was really fun, but I had let my skates go dull because it's better for playing in net. This time, I was playing forward against a rec team from the Muskoday reserve and I still had dull skates. The second shift I took, I fell into the end boards (A la Sidney Crosby for you hockey fans). I slammed pretty hard but I was OK. After all, I'm a hockey player. After that I was skating around but I felt very wobbly. It felt like I had a weak left ankle or something. Finally close to the end of the game I looked down and my skate was broken. The back half of my left skate had broken clean through. I'm fortunate that I didn't break an ankle. Well they are fixed now and I'm ready for the last game of the season this Saturday. I expect all of you there at the Birch Hills Arena at 8PM to watch. I'll be signing autographs after the game.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to Lisa and Heather for driving out to see the game. It was a horrible game but they were not really there to see hockey I think. Girls I'll get you the names of the single guys on our team.

Tim S.

Saturday, 22 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home