the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Monday, February 16, 2009

4th little girl party

Okay it's not the 4th little girl party we've had, but it was Nadia's 4th Birthday party on Valentine's Day. Her birthday isn't actually until the 20th, but we will be driving to Edmonton that day so we had it the weekend earlier. She thinks that since she had her party she's now 4. Above Nadia is helping to make her cupcakes, okay chocolate muffins for her party.
We had a scavenger hunt for little Dora stickers which Tim and I hid all around the house. I hid them individually and Tim thought it would be more efficient to put little piles all over. Anyway, I think the game was a huge hit. Here they are looking all over my pantry for little sticker.
Opening the cards. We always say, please, please, please no gifts, just cards. So they sat around and looked at all the home made cards. They were so excited about it, almost like they were presents. I was quite fun to watch.
The girls all decorated their muffins. The icing was a little runny because I was trying to make it more pink and added too much raspberry juice. But it held the decorations anyway. I don't think Nadia could have got anymore on there.
We almost forgot to do candles and sing, but Daddy remembered.
I had a craft and another colouring page for the girls, but they decided to play princess dress-up instead. Which was really fun. They all got dressed up and then I helped them practice thier "show" for the big people.

At the end of the day Nadia decided that now she's a big girl and she can put herself to bed. So she tucked in her puppy, read him a story, prayed by herself and went to sleep. What a girl. We're so blessed to have her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Does look like fun! I'll phone you for tips when I'm at the point of little girl parties. I love the picture of them all dressed up. Btw, will be thinking of you this weekend and hope all goes well.

Tuesday, 17 February, 2009  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

You are so amazing and creative! I would have been lost but you had them so entertained and excited. Anna, you're a great mom. Good job!

Wednesday, 18 February, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun party! Scavenger hunts work for a lot of ages.

Have a great trip this weekend. Praying for you.

Anita

Thursday, 19 February, 2009  
Blogger Jen Glen said...

So this weekend is another candidating weekend? The vote? Details, girl. Everyone seems to know but me! I'm out of the loop! The Glen one

Thursday, 19 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home