the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Amazed

I am thoroughly amazed at my orchid. Tim bought this for me last year for Mother's Day and it was beautiful. After I had enjoyed it for months and all the blooms died, I called my Mom and said, "Now what!" She told me to hack off the stem as far down as I could, continue watering it once a week and it will come back next year. I trust my Mom because she is a plant genius, but I really didn't have much hope that it would grow again. And look - it did. And it looks like it has even more blooms this year. And I get to watch all of them open up. As Nadia would say... "so cool!" Thank you God for these little glimmers of beauty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

Anna, that really did work well! I'm so impressed. I wouldn't have had the patience to keep it that long. That is "so cool". Good job.

Saturday, 31 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home