the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

portait class

I (Annalisa) am about to start my portrait class in pencil, which I'm way too excited about! I've been looking for a hobby and I think this will get me going on sketching again. So for the past month I've been trying to take a photo of Nadia and Colin so I can sketch their portrait. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a decent photo of the 2 of them? So here are the 3 best. And I'm asking you to VOTE on which one you think I should sketch for my portrait class. #1

#2

#3

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for number two. Rueben and Dad vote for number three.

Saturday, 19 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma likes picture number 3. RS

Saturday, 19 April, 2008  
Blogger Juanita said...

#2 is my first pick but I also really like Nadia's expression in #1. It seems very portrait-like. Make sure to scan in your sketches and show us all.
Thanks for the surprising us all last week. It was great to see you and the kids!

Sunday, 20 April, 2008  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

I think #1 is by far the best. And if you wanted a new hobby, I'm starting to write children's stories and I need an artist to draw pictures for the story. Want the job?

Sunday, 20 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All three pictures are cute, but maybe picture two would get my vote?!

I don't know if this will help you decide , but I would also look at the details I would want/not want to draw eg. lots of teeth, hands, face angles etc.

I'm so very excited for you! If I lived there I'd want to take the class with you. You'll have to show the masterpiece when you are finished!

Anita

Sunday, 20 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 is pecious, #2&3 are cute. Your kids are adorable, good luck deciding.
Danielle

Monday, 21 April, 2008  
Blogger Tori Fehr said...

#2 gets my vote!

Sherry

Monday, 21 April, 2008  
Blogger Jen Glen said...

Hey! It was so good to see you briefly in Warman! Who would have thought! I found you via Juanita's blog, via another friend of ours! My vote is definitely #1! Oh, and I have mentioned I still think Colin is the cutest thing in the world!? Jennifer Glen

Monday, 21 April, 2008  
Blogger Karen said...

If it's not too late, I vote for #2:)

Wednesday, 23 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home