the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Edmonton - day 1

Hello everyone,

We just had the best day and I just had to tell someone. So the early part of the day didn't start off that great, because between Colin teething and Nadia getting to bed really late, I was up most of the night with someone. But after that it started getting better, with a great finish. So here's what happened. Grandma made us a wonderful birthday breakfast for Nadia, who is actually 4 today. Then Nadia was so excited about her presents and about eating the most beautiful princess cake Grandpa made. I'll have to post those pictures later.

And then we got in the car to drive to Edmonton. I was fearing the drive a little, but packed lots of toys and fun snacks. To my amazement the drive seem to go quite fast because the kids were busy playing with toys. Colin didn't even fall asleep until almost 2 hours after his normal nap time, even though he didn't sleep the night before. He must have been having fun. And we arrived in Edmonton, a 5 hour trip and we didn't have to show 1 DVD and Nadia didn't even ask for 1! To me that's a huge answer to prayer.

Then we met Darcy and came to the hotel. It is amazing. We have a 2 bedroom with a jacuzzi tub and bunk beds in the second room! Nadia loved it right away and has been pointing out all the cool things about our "house", like 2 tv's and the "mini water park"!!!

Then we went out for supper at a little Thai place beside the hotel. It was sooooo good, and Colin ate just about as much as I did, he loved it so much. I hope that spicy dish doesn't come back to haunt us tonight.

When we came back from supper the kids took a dippy in the "mini water park"!!! And now they are both sound a sleep in the same room, Nadia on the top bunk.

My family is so great. The kids have made this day a really fun one, when it could have been so bad...from the lack of sleep. And the icing on the cake for me was that we got invited to someone's house for supper tomorrow. I'm so excited. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, I just wrote this post on our new laptop courtesy of Tim's Dad!! Thanks Dad.

So tomorrow we will get into the real visiting and getting to know each other thing. But today was sure a great start to this trip.

PS. Jen, we're in Edmonton to do a first time meet and greet weekend for the lead pastor position. They've also called it a pre-candidating weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

This is all SO exciting to hear and I'm so happy for you. The mini-water park thing is fabulous! Are you going to take a picture of Nadia's first bunk-bed sleep? I can't believe they have bunk beds in a hotel! That's just awesome. What a great birthday for her and a great answer to prayer for you. I love you guys.

Friday, 20 February, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are also very happy for you! What a great day for all of you especially after the night you had! I really hope the kids slept well in their new "house". Now I'm excited to see if you have time to post again tonight!
Love and prayers
mom & dad

Saturday, 21 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home