the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

art gallery

The kids did some painting last day, as Nadia says, and it was the day someone was coming to see the house, so I cropped it and put it on the living room wall. First is Colin's. He has less on the page because he was too interested in dipping his brush into all the colours. I had to remind him to put the brush on the page. I'm glad to report that he didn't eat any this time.
And Nadia's masterpieces. She spent quite a long time and was trying to be quite precise. She told me she wants to be an artist when she grows up. But she couldn't imagine a Vancouver loft and kept asking if her studio would have a kitchen and bedroom and such. I said yes, but she didn't believe me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

What? Artists have to live in Vancouver lofts? Who knew? What about Glen Scrimshaw? Although he's not too modern in his art. What you see is what you get.

Good job on the paintings kids! I think that makes great art on the wall! I had one of Nadia's first paintings on my wall for well over a year. But then it got lost in my second move.

Friday, 06 March, 2009  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

Or is that "post-modern"?

Friday, 06 March, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love finger paintings. They are so fun. Its such a great way to pass the time in the winter, don't you think?

I have a few of my favorites of Hollys put away in her keepsake box and one that she painted with a brush framed in her room.

Saturday, 07 March, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home