the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Monday, April 06, 2009

before vacation

The night before we left on vacation to BC I took Nadia to the Doodlebops concert. I have to say that I was very impressed at the show. They were very hard to photograph because they are always singing and dancing.

Nadia was quite taken by the whole thing. She was in awe for the first bit and then really started to get into it near the end. They had 3 other dancers on stage, for the songs and shortly after they came out, Nadia told me that "the other 3 should get off the stage because it's better when it's just the Doodlebops". Although I can see why they had the extra dancers. I think Dee Dee was mostly just trying keep that wig from falling off. I'm sure that would be quiet a tragedy at a show full of 2-5 year olds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

I still think it's funny that those aren't the "real" Doodlebops, but I'm so glad that it was fun for Nadia anyway. What a great experience for her!

Tuesday, 07 April, 2009  
Blogger Jen Glen said...

Oh! A dream job of mine would be to be a Doodlebop!! How fun would that be! Dancing around on stage, pretending to sing and totally entertaining kids and seeing them dancing and singing too! Very cool! Take me with you next time you go! :) I'm not even kidding!

Friday, 10 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home