the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

a place to crash

I'm completely exhausted from sorting and packing so I thought I'd sit down and update you all about our lives. We move in 6 days and yesterday we were still scrambling for a rental place. We've been trying to book appointments for our contact people in Edmonton, but they've all fallen through. We finally know why. Yesterday morning we got an email from our administrative assistant at church, Castle Downs, asking if we would be interested in a basement suite her parents have. It's 3 bedrooms, newly renovated and about a 5 minute drive to the church. I made a call, she emailed some photos, I called some more and it was a sealed deal! I can't believe how easy it was....Thank you God.

So we have a place to live when we move on Monday. I don't think we've ever made a move where we planned the move date and booked the U-Haul before we had an address. Now we just need to sell our house. We've shown it 3 times in the last few days. But still no offers yet. We called a real estate agent who is coming to see the house tomorrow. So soon it will be out of our hands. Honestly, it's a relief. It's so stressful to have your house ripped apart for packing and then get a call on the house. And usually people want to see it with in a few hours.

Does anyone have a story about how God sold your house in a mighty way?

3 Comments:

Blogger Juanita said...

Woo-hoo! One less thing to stress about. Just a few to go, right?

Tuesday, 21 April, 2009  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

I love you guys! You're doing so well trusting God, it's encouraging to me. Even when you're stressed, you still trust. Thanks. I love you for it!

Tuesday, 21 April, 2009  
Anonymous colleen said...

As a matter of fact I do. Well, its not exactly about the selling end of it, but similar story.. sort of. When I was planning to move out to Martensville, I sold my house and had a possession date before I had even found a place to move to, (and I must say, there aren't too many places to rent in Martensville that allow pets. Especially a few years ago). I had complete faith that if God wanted us in Martensville, then He'd provide the place. And He did. So I have complete faith that He will find the right buyer for your house too. In HIS time. He has already found you a place to live so, no worries, it'll work out just fine.

Saturday, 25 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home