the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

vacation

We went to BC to visit my parents and Grand parents. They were generous enough to pay our way and rent us a car. We did some hanging out and then some power shopping. But the high light for the kids was the Vancouver Aquarium. It really is a fabulous place. We must have spent about 5 hours there. (Juanita the turtle picture is for you.) And today Colin learned to say turtle. I think it's so cute when he perfectly pronounces words with his little high voice.
Nadia especially loved the West Coast area where she could climb on the 'rocks' in front of the display tanks.
2 of my 3 sweeties.

After climbing on the 'rocks' I am happy to report that they were interested in checking out the tanks too.
They have a new jelly fish and frog section, which display the jelly fish so well.

And the kids section at the end of the indoor exhibits was redone and very cool. We had to pry the kids out of there.

How did Opa escape this photo?

Outside we saw the beluga, dolphin and raptor shows. Here is the bald eagle from the raptor show. I think he was trying to munch the trainers microphone. I had no idea just how big those birds are. It was a really cool show. One at a time they brought out birds of prey and they swooped down and all around. The one trainer was only about 10 feet from where we were standing, so we got a really good look at the birds. There was also a turkey vulture and a red tailed hawk.
My Grandma and Grandpa. Such sweeties, showering Nadia with gifts and candy every time she walked in to their place.
And even though it was a short trip, we got to see great Oma too. And at 91 she even prepared a delicious supper for us, fancy deserts and all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Juanita said...

Thanks for the turtle picture. I saw it and before I read anything I thought, 'Oh, I should print that one off!' It's a great shot.
I also love the one of the jellyfish. The colours are fantastic.
What a cool place to take the kids! I'm thinking we should hit the zoo next time we're in Calgary.

Wednesday, 08 April, 2009  
Blogger Karen said...

Very cool jellyfish! Glad you had some time away to see family. Hopefully the next month goes smoothly and your house sells quickly. I'll pray for guidance about what to do about your next place there.

Wednesday, 08 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home