the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Contest Results

Well, I think we've kept you in suspense for long enough! The results are in. I thought I would add the comments below so that everyone could see the competition.


Auntie Audrey H: I have a comment....maybe two. First of all, let me tell you that two blogs in a row without pictures of Nadia is unacceptable and of course she calls the walls a cow because, I mean I have seen your walls and I personally thought about steak the entire time I was at your house and Uncle Lorne couldn't stop mentioning Holsteins after being there. So I don't know why you think it is strange that Nadia calls the wall a cow.


Michael and Sharlene M: The answer MUST be yes, otherwise that would be such an odd question... quite bizarre... Though I have never personally seen your cow walls, based on logic and the assumption of your "normalness" I would say "Yes"...

Auntie Lisa S: She would say "yes" because auntie says so. Awww, she loves auntie.

Auntie Lisa S: WAIT! You theif, stealing my idea. Now people will forget about my competition and only answer yours! Or maybe we can get people to look at both who don't normally look at both. All right, folks, there is an even bigger competition here, the one that wants to know who's blog will get more comments.

Oh no, I'm not helping by leaving comments on your blog. Drat.

Danielle S: the answer is yes because of the patches on your wall look like the patches of a cow. This happens when the light reflect from your window. Good friends listen. Now that I just made that comment I really hope I’m right.

Colleen M: Since I hope to someday live in your house, I hope your walls don't look like cows. It may take away from the experience of living in Martensville. You know... having cow walls.

Karen L: I'll be the only one who says "NO, they do not look like cow walls."

Sharon S: I agree with Audrey and I'd say more but I'm at work and have a mean boss.

Nicole V: Actually I remember you saying it earlier in your blog that Nadia thinks the patches on the wall look like a cow. (When the light shines in a certain way...) So my answer is yes too!

Juanita B: wow! What a turn out for guessing. I know this is an old post but since there is nothing new to comment on I will say "yes". Nadia is a very intelligent girl!

Auntie Lisa S: I think it's about time for another rant by Tim. And maybe on your blog this time, not just a comment on mine:)

Jennifer F: Hmmm....well, I don't know what color your walls are, but unless they are dark brown or spotted black and white I don't see why she would equate them with a cow. So I'll have to say Myth. Although, if it's true, I won't be surprised either - kids are strange that way!

Neysa P: I agree with Jennifer - I'd say Myth, unless your walls are furry.

Sarah B: I say true because little kids are infamous for saying the craziest things. Also if she's anything like Tim, she's a little weird!:)

Alison L: Definitely a myth - we all know they really look like a chicken : )

Crystal C: True--you must have those textured walls (think of church walls) I've always thought they looked
like a cow or a map. I am totally with Nadia here!


Here is a photo of what Nadia sees from her highchair. Our walls are in desperate need of painting. In fact we were going to paint the whole place before we moved in but it didn't work out. The previous renter thought he would help out and put mud over the holes. However, this is what we have to look at. You can't see it in this photo, but the walls were originally painted matte, then randomly touched up with gloss and then covered randomly with mud. Shall we say it's unique.

As for the winner of the contest. Many of you can give yourselves a pat on the back for getting the right answer. However, the instructions were to reply Truth or Myth, so technically most of your guesses should be disqualified. But I'll be lenient this time :) So...the winner is.......Sarah B! I chose Sarah because she had the funniest reason. I agree, Tim is a little weird and I wouldn't change that for anything - it makes our life fabulously fun! And I can't help myself. After reviewing all of the comments I have to make some runner-ups. I chose Auntie Audrey and Auntie Lisa because their answers were just so funny!

Thanks for commenting - it was a tremendous turn out! We'll have to do it again sometime.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home