the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

new skills

While Nadia was on the counter looking at her hair clip in the mirror, she decided to try out this hand washing thing. First she was happy to play in the water and rub her hands together . Then she noticed the soap and wanted to give that a go. I put some soap on her hands and she rubbed and rubbed and was thoroughly amused by all the suds she could make. I think it's pretty cool that she now loves to wash her hands and she can do it all on her own too.


For the past week we've been playing with this elephant (piggy) bank that Tim made in high school. At first Nadia just loved to put the pennies in and then watch me unscrew the side to get them out. Then yesterday, she asked if she could have the screwdriver. Because I was racing around trying to get a list of things done, I gave in and let her have it. As I walked by her I thought, "Oh, isn't that cute, she's pretending to take the screws out". A few minutes later I asked her how she was doing. Silence. I walked closer and noticed that she was so deep in thought that she couldn't even answer. She had 3 of 4 screws out and the 4th one on it way! I was shocked! Then I congratulated her on getting the screws out and she just looked blankly at me. After she got the 4th screw out then she was excited. I didn't know 2 year olds could do that! Way to go Nadia!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...this is long overdue but I wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog! It's great to see all the cute pictures of Nadia and her adventures, and to hear how you are doing.

Anita :o)

Wednesday, 25 April, 2007  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

I told you, she's a genius. Just like her auntie! Actually, she's just like her mom.

Wednesday, 25 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Nadia for figuring things out like you are. Good for you!! But, Annalisa I hate to burst your bubble with the hand washing thing. She may eventually get to a stage when she will run the water, and not even get her hands wet, and then tell you she washed her hands. This is where Holly got to at about 5 years old. For some reason it became a big deal to get her hands wet/clean. She is still very deceptive when it comes to hand washing. Hopefully you won't have that problem.

Thursday, 26 April, 2007  
Blogger Karen said...

Very impressive, Nadia! Way to go with the screwdriver :)

Thursday, 26 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nadia, I have some steps that need fixing at my house... If you're ever down in Mexico...

The pays not so good, but we don't have any of those pesky anti-child labour laws to worry about either.

Mike

Thursday, 26 April, 2007  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

Do you think that you could post a few pics of her in the wagon? 'Cause she's so cute!

Thursday, 26 April, 2007  
Blogger Juanita said...

Way to go Nadia! From washing hands to taking out screws (your mom and I were just talking about how many people out there cannot use simple tools) very impressive!
It was really fun shopping with both of you yesterday! How did those iron-ons turn out?

Friday, 27 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home