the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

music re***al

When I first heard that Nadia's music class was going to have a recital I got all nervous and clammy. Maybe because that's how I was at my music recitals. But we took Nadia to her music recital anyway. And I have to say that her teacher did a really great job at making all the pieces short, and the kids moving. It was actually really fun and Nadia really enjoyed being on stage. Her class of 4 kids sang a few songs, some with rhythm sticks and one with snowflakes. It was priceless. Especially when one of the little boys, in a suit, came down from the stage, handed in his tambourine and sat with his parents.

Nadia did a great job singing loud. Later I found out it was because Tim bribed her with a trip to Starbucks. Yes, our 2 year old is addicted to Starbucks.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

Why are there stars in the title?

Thursday, 20 December, 2007  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

Okay, the thing posted before I was ready. Grr.

Anyway, your daughter is very cute. I'm sure she did a great job. Did she have fun?

I'm glad she likes Starbucks because then the adults can still go there and she doesn't complain and want to leave. It's great.

Thursday, 20 December, 2007  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

I also love the fact that she is wearing boots. That is so cute!

Thursday, 20 December, 2007  
Blogger Tim and Annalisa Sawatzky said...

the stars are just because I can. And it enhances the anguish part.

I love Starbucks

and sorry about the boots and no dress. I know, I'm a bad Mom. What can I say...I thought about all of that and then decided it was too cold for a dress (we had errands to run beforehand) and I forgot the shoes okay.

Thursday, 20 December, 2007  
Blogger Karen said...

I didn't notice the stars in the title, just the cute kids. Nadia looks so grown up! Hopefully we can catch you guys when you're around next week. If my sources are correct :)

Friday, 21 December, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun going to musical events for kids? The little guys always get all the oooohs and aaaaahs. If Nadia is anything like the rest of her family, she will be a real entertainer.

Friday, 21 December, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna & Tim: So cute she is. I was told the other day its not called bribery its called a "reward." Lol. Merry Christmas, Alicia

Saturday, 22 December, 2007  
Blogger Juanita said...

All of the sudden TWO posts. I'm thrilled!
Nadia's hair is getting sooo long. She looks all grown up. I love her room.
Can't wait to see more progress on the reno's. We'll have to pop up to visit.

Saturday, 22 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home