the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

before & after

Before
Above is the before picture. Colin was born with lots of hair, which all fell out and then came right back and has been growing furiously ever since. I always thought it was cute....kind of emo style. But in the past few days people have been calling him a girl and scoffing at his long hair. So that was the clincher. As I'm an impulsive person, I got out the sewing scissors, put on a DVD and went at it. The picture below is the first round cut, where I just got the bulk off. The last photo is the final product. This is my first boy cut ever, so it was a learning experience.

Tim went to church early for music practice so I had to get us all ready and out the door by 10am. You should have seen me this morning. I was finishing up Colin's hair, behind ears and the back, thinking we had lots of time. At 10 to 10 I realized I had little tiny baby hairs all over me and so did Colin and only I was dressed and ready. Ahhh!!! You might say we were late to church because of Colin's hair....but really, I can't get anywhere on time.
After

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so smiley and adorable! What a little cutie and what an awesome hair cut. Anna, you're such a great mom.

Tuesday, 20 May, 2008  
Blogger Juanita said...

Great job! Very ambitious of you.

Wednesday, 21 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the long hair! But he's ever so adorable with the haircut! Good job Anna! And you didn't even cut an ear. don't ever do that by the way... you NEVER hear the end of it!!!
mom

Wednesday, 21 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you sound a lot like me (the impulsive haircuts and trying not to be late)-LOL! You did a great job on Colin's haircut.

Great seeing your house reno pics - I'm excited for you!

Anita

Sunday, 25 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home