the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The safest way to get a crashed car

Yes that's right my car is a total write off. Don't worry, I bought it that way. A friend of mine told me about the SGI Salvage website and so I've been looking for a car on there. I found a 1993 Mazda 626 with only 131000 km on it. It has some front end damage and I will have to do some maintenance work on it to get it past the inspections. But the motor runs great and I put a day permit on it in Saskatoon and drove it up the Birch Hills. It runs very well and the interior is in great shape. I think it will be a great second vehicle. Oh and a big thanks to Tim Braun who gave me a ride into Saskatoon and back and then came to boost the car when the battery died at the gas station, how embarrassing. When I got home I told Nadia that the new car was called a Mazda 626, then she asked if she could call it a 6x6. I said sure, whatever you want to call it.




Not bad for $450 I think.

Tim

2 Comments:

Blogger Tori Fehr said...

We also own a Mazda 626!! It's a little older than yours (an 89 I think) but runs like new and gets great gas mileage. We love it, even it if is a bit of a beater. Hope it serves you well.

Sherry

Wednesday, 30 April, 2008  
Blogger Karen said...

Congrats on the new car. That's a great deal for anyone who knows a bit about fixing cars. Too bad neither Clint nor I do...

Thursday, 01 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home