the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

where we're at

You've probably noticed a lack of blogging lately. There's a good reason...well a few of them. The weather is finally warm. We have a cool back yard. Nadia just got a swing set. And I can't keep her inside. And lets face it...I have a hard time coming inside too. I love it out there. We have tons of work to do on our yard, but it's really fun. And now that I've decided what to do about it, the hardest part for me is done. Now just the brute labour.
Here's Nadia on her swing set.
She can get on and off the rocket and make it go all by herself. I'm pretty impressed.
She always wants to help in the yard. She chose to use the garden rake for the grass, so I'm not too sure how that leaf raking was going for her.
And about the neighbours. Our yard backs onto a farmers field. And just across the "highway" is another field. They decided to burn their fields this year. You can see how close this was to our property, maybe 150' away. Yikes! I'm not sure I was okay with this, but they did keep a close eye on it and it turned out okay. Not to mention the burning, we also have hundreds of sea gulls. They are hanging out in the freshly cultivated land and eating worms, I guess. They fly over our house and the noise is horrific. ...the good news is I think they've moved on now!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's funny to see Tim in a wagon! He's just not the wagon type. Or maybe he's beyond wagons and more all about bush fires and station wagons. Still a wagon... hmm

Wednesday, 14 May, 2008  
Blogger Juanita said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the warmer weather!

Wednesday, 14 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as he doesn't fall OFF the wagon we should be OK.
I love the swing set!
That fire looks rather close! I wouldn't have liked that either!
mom

Wednesday, 14 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home