the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Big News....

Well, I know you all think we`re nuts for putting our house up for sale at the end of November, but can you believe we got a call! The couple will be coming Monday to see it, and they`ve already told me that from the photos on saskhouses, they love it. Let`s hope they think it`s even better in person. I`ve never been attached to any place we`ve lived before, so it`s a bit strange, but I feel a little sad to have to leave.
Colin`s big news is that he`s finally getting 2 more teeth. He`s almost 1 1/2 and these 2 teeth make a total of 8 teeth. I think Nadia had about 12 or more teeth at this age. But it doesn`t seem to slow him down. He eats anything, even ketchup chips...yuck! He has ketchup seasoning on his nose. And my little performer/artist was so cute the other day. She found this container and turned it into a stage. The iPod and speakers are right behind her head so the music is blaring and she`s singing along. See her intently trying to memorize all the words, and using her imaginary mic. At the end of Nadia`s Veggie Tale DVD`s there are clips called How to Draw. One of the graphic artist will do a step by step clip for kids about how to draw the main character. Nadia always loves to watch them, but when I ask her if she wants some paper to draw along she always gives me one of those I can`t draw excuses. Which I always think is strange because she loves to draw and does so all the time. Anyway, the other day, or last day as Nadia says, I asked her if she wants to draw along and she said yes. I was so excited. So she drew along, pausing to catch-up and at the end I thought she did a great job following along. She then drew one for each person in the family.This is Larry as Moe from Moe and the Big Exit. He`s got his western gear on with a big hat, blue shirt and red scarf. Hope you can make it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

I'm SO excited for you that someone's coming to look at your house. I hope they love it, and I'm just so sure they will. And I'm excited to see you all at Christmas too. I think we'll have lots of fun.

Sunday, 21 December, 2008  
Blogger Karen said...

Good for you, Nadia! Has she made a church school program debut yet? I hope the house tour went well, and that your house sells soon! Have a great Christmas! Thinking of you guys :) It may not be the Christmas with the best gifts this year, but on the other hand that frees you to really think about Christ's birth. And I know during our "lean years" we really appreciated even the small things. I remember I was so excited that Clint got me a new door mat one year. Now it needs replacing, but anyway I digress. Merry Christmas! Love from us

Sunday, 21 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home