the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Friday, June 01, 2007

the first stay

For the first time ever my parents came to stay with us. I actually think this is the first place we've lived where we even had a spare room. I picked up my parents (Opa & Oma to Nadia) at the airport and they stepped out into gail force winds. I'm pretty sure that tainted their view of SK.
This was the best visit ever! Nadia completely adored Opa and Oma. I think she especially loved Opa because he got down on the ground and played trains with her. It sure was fun watching my Dad figure out how to put this train track together. Being a former architect and construction worker probably helped!
We went out for authentic Chinese and we ordered the first 2 dishes of the peeking duck. Tim's Uncle Nel got us totally hooked on the duck! My parents and even Nadia really enjoyed it too - at least that's what they said! Nadia is loving the spring roll, and I love that she will eat just about anything.
Yes, that's a tree branch in Nadia's hand. I don't know!

Hanging out downstairs in the play room. Nadia's not the only one who loves to put the frog on her head. I guess we have a better idea of where she gets that silliness from!

Thanks to Opa and Oma for making the trip out to visit and even staying in our place. We loved every minute and can't wait for the next visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home