the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Friday, May 18, 2007

back to the fun

Playing under the 'tent'. Nadia thinks it's very cool that the blanket looks red when the sun shines through it. I just think that's a little strange.
Nadia's newest favourite...a chair from Auntie Lisa. It only took Tim about 1/2 an hour to build this chair and Nadia was more than thrilled when it was done. In fact, not only does she have the coolest deck chair...she's the only one with a deck chair.
I never thought I'd see the day when I said I love the dollar store - but I do. We found a whole bucket of foamy stickers for $1! And Nadia is addicted to sticking! She just loves to peel the backing off and stick them on the paper. And here she's wearing her painting smock because that's also a favourite these days.
Nadia loves to help. Here she's actually vacuuming up the chaff from the birds. As time goes on my life just gets easier and easier. Although I'm still trying to convince her to do the dishes. No go so far!
Summer has finally started here in SK. It's probably only 8am and Nadia is out, in her pajamas, enjoying her car on the deck. She thinks it's hilarious to ram it into the railings.
More fun on the deck in her tent tunnel. I just hope Nadia is amused by homemade fun for many year to come. ...I can hope can't I!

5 Comments:

Blogger Juanita said...

Love the pics, keep them coming!
I'm going to think positive with you and hope that Nadia will be content with homemade fun for a long time. It's all what you make it, right?
We should get together next week!

Saturday, 19 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you can bet that Nadia will start to enjoy other household duties. Holly has two favorite jobs right now, cleaning the toilet and sweeping. I hope these last for a very long time, but I will continue to take full advantage of it until she decides she doesn't like them anymore.

Sunday, 20 May, 2007  
Blogger Juanita said...

A note for Tim...
I believe your lovely wife and daughter have seen Daisy a couple of times but you never come along...
Anytime, you are always invited. You and your bad grammer?

Sunday, 20 May, 2007  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

Who's the cutest kid in the whole world? NADIA!! Of course, I may be biased, but whatever. I like the chair.

Monday, 21 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, Nadia looks so much like you. She's looking so grown up. I miss you guys.

Thursday, 24 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home