the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

scary, very scary

Monday night was the worst date Tim and I have ever been on. Okay.... it wasn't a date, but we did joke about it.

Monday evening we had a group of people over and my back was so sore that a friend actually wiped up my floor because I couldn't do it. Later on after everyone had left, not only was my back hurting, but my uterus was tightening too. Oh silly Braxton Hicks I thought.

As time went on it got stronger and stronger. Soon these tightenings were painful contractions. After making some calls we finally decided to head to the hospital. Grandma came to stay while Nadia slept and we dashed off to the hospital. I thought for sure that the whole thing would be over shortly after we got to the hospital.

But no. All night long I had contractions and cramping. This went on for hours before I finally agreed to let the Obstetrician take action. I received an anti-inflammatory to stop the contractions and it worked! And then 'steroids' to help the baby's lungs to mature if I did in fact deliver the baby early. It was about 5:30am by now and neither Tim or I had really slept. How could I, the baby was kicking violently all night.

A few hours later they admitted me and Tim headed home to relieve Grandma. After being poked and prodded some more they finally decided to let me go home on a pass. AKA. get out of 'jail' free. However I had to come back no later than 7:30am Tuesday morning for my second dose of 'steroids'. If this baby is a true Sawatzky, I'm not sure those 'steroids' were really necessary!

But all is well now and the baby is still safe and cuddled in my belly. Praise God that I can carry the baby a little longer because I'm not ready for this baby just yet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

I'm so glad that you are okay. I didn't even have time to pray it was so fast. I will pray for that new little baby, that he/she (not both) just takes his/her (not both) sweet little time. I'm not ready to be an auntie again! I don't have enough money or any presents ready!

Thursday, 03 May, 2007  
Blogger Karen said...

We're so glad too! I'll keep praying that this baby and you are healthy.

Saturday, 05 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home