the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

sightings

I admit that some of these photos aren't the greatest...but who wants to read a blog with no photos?!?!
Here is our resident heron. Can you see him in the sunny spot, through the tress? I think he likes to eat the frogs in our yard.
Here's a National Geographic reject. ...it's hard to take photos with Colin wiggling in my arms. Anyway, these are some deer we saw, I think there were 6 of them.
These are the last of a mass migration. I actually don't know if they are ducks or geese, or maybe something else. But I do know they are very loud. I was up early, and for about 5 minutes all I could hear was these birds making a loud racket as they passed over head. Our windows were all closed and I am completely astounded that Tim and Nadia slept through the noise.

Tim has also sighted a golden eagle and a vulture! No pictures of those ones...you'll just have to take his word for it.

The swathers are finally on our field. Harvest is late this year because we've had so much rain. These machines look so small when you see them in the middle of a field. But they are actually quite big.

Tim using the electric chainsaw. I bugged him endlessly about the electric part. I mean, think about it. The farm we are on is large...how long of a cord would we have to have in order to reach to the edge of the farm? And there's no outlet on the exterior of the house! Good thing we're just house sitting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Electric chainsaw!?! And you told everyone in the world about it on the blog? wow... I'm shocked-- it's kinda like a hybrid ferrari or one of those "Scooters" someone calls their "Hog"...

I'll let you know when the geese (or ducks, or swans or whatever they are) get here...

Mike in Mexico

Wednesday, 19 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim I think your florescent shoes are pretty cool. And in your defense you are just using what was there right? You didn't go BUY an electric chainsaw, did you? But being an electrician probably draws you into the whole "electric chainsaw thing" heh?

Saturday, 22 September, 2007  
Blogger Tim and Annalisa Sawatzky said...

Thank you Colleen! The electric chain saw is actually part of the farm that we are farm sitting. Tim did not go out and buy it! Fewf! Although he does like to chop things with it.

Tuesday, 25 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know much about chainsaws, but aren't you suppose to saw things with them? If your going to chop things Tim, try using an ax, it might work better.
(I love bugging you guys, cause your not here to smack me)

Wednesday, 26 September, 2007  
Blogger Lisa Sawatzky said...

New pictures yet? ...nope.

Friday, 28 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home