the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A few reasons

A few Reasons why you should not have a baby, move and start a new career in the same month from Tim.

Reason one:

My brain feels like molasses. Or for you techy types, like a Pentium 1 computer. Someone will say something to me and my response goes something like this, [brain initializing the formal response sequence],[starting the formal response sequence],[Formulating a response]......[Formulating a response].......[Formulating a response], [response formulated], [checking response for errors], [checking the appropriateness of the response], [response appropriate], [delivering response, this may take several minutes]. While verbally you hear this, "AAAHHHH. I ... am ... well!" (that was for you Colleen).

Reason two:

I can't seem to words my around straight get. Do you ever have this problem? You know that it is you who is doing the talking but inside you are making fun of yourself for mixing up your words. And I can't seem to form words correctly either.

Reason three:

I can't remember anyones name. I don't know how many times when I have mentioned someone to Anna that I've said, "You know that guy".

Reason four:

My stupid coffee maker broke this morning. OK that has nothing to do with moving or lack of sleep but man does that bug me. Starbuck's will exchange it for free but seriously, this is the second one. My first one didn't even make one cup of coffee.

Reason five:

We've been so busy that I just told my neighbors today that we are moving on Saturday. How bad is that? And we like our neighbors too.

Reason six:

It really limits video game playing. Next.

Reason seven:

My kids are a little out of sorts. I took down Nadia's book shelf today and I don't think she really knew what to do with that. She asked me to put it back but was ok when I told her we were taking it along to Birch Hills. And poor Colin spent the evening in a box until we realized he was packed by mistake... not really, for all you child activists out there.

Reason eight:

I've had no time to think about my new job, just about getting there. But I guess getting there is half the battle.

And finally, for all of you who send hate mail if we post two blogs in a row without cute pictures:


(Copy this one Juanita!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Juanita said...

I think my brain is functioning at about that level too. Am I supposed to copy Colin's action in the picture to stay cool or am I supposed to copy it into my files for safe keeping? I could do both just in case.
He looks so big already and I just realized he is a month old already! Soon we'll have teenagers and we'll wonder, what...happened...?

Friday, 27 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim you are Hilarious!! I'm reading along and get to "I am Well" and laughed out loud. You kill me!!
I can totally relate to the whole laughing at yourself because you can't form words things. Mmm... maybe its hereditary. I do that too - I call it verbal diarrhea. Mine is due to trying to figure out English. I thought I knew how to talk, and write. But now I'm scared to put anything on paper for fear that its grammatically incorrect. Now there's a phrase I've never used before.

Tuesday, 31 July, 2007  
Blogger Timothy Braun said...

Your child has a very nice armpit.

That's all.

We'll be praying that the move goes smoothly and that you get your brain back.

Tuesday, 31 July, 2007  
Blogger Michael and Sharlene McDonald said...

Sounds like stressed you are now feel! I know that about it all up confuse the others words too!
reading even when it happens to you, boy, tough tough ahead of you days you while recover.

You hope i recover from the slushy-head feeling quickly for to start ministry soon work with the church!

Bless God you!

Shike and Marlene

Saturday, 04 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sawatzky Nomad has turned into the Nomad Sawatzky's. No email, no internet, no updates on the blog. Here's the test. How long can one family actually survive without internet? Miss you guys on email. But I'm happy for your new place! I guess we'll have to come see you in person.

Wednesday, 08 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home