the Sawatzky Nomad

We hope to keep all of our cross-provincial friends, and those abroad, updated with this blog. And maybe even hear from some who are long lost friends.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

the yard

I don't mean to offend anyone with the gruesome content of these first few photos. But, I was looking at my garden and thinking that I can't even remember what it looked like when I started. So I dug-up some old photos from April when the snow was melting. And yuck! Here are a few before photos.
After much hauling, digging, and moving, our front garden is finally starting to look presentable. The previous people tried to make a rock garden. So we hauled out many loads of rock and then started to re-arrange the boulders. I can't wait to see it in full bloom. This bush, I think a honey suckle, is always buzzing with bees. And the smell is sweet and pure and delicious. I just love this bush.

And what about the back of the yard? We decided to turn the dirt and weeds into grass and vegetable garden, so we started seeding. I was so shocked and amazed when the baby grass started to come up, I just had to take pictures. And here is the first thing to come up in the veggie garden, the radishes. Nadia helped me plant almost all of the garden. It was so fun to hear her talk about all the different shapes of seeds. Did you know that the beans are cow seeds?

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

The flowers are so beautiful and your yard is looking great! I'll just live vicariously through you, since this is NOT the year for yard work for me. I'd love to come up soon and visit.

Friday, 06 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY nice work on the garden, and your house looks fantastic. You should be proud!!

Monday, 09 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home